Entry Space Week
I’m moving on to Week 13: Entry Space Week
as I am keeping up with the schedule at Organized Christmas.Com
If you are just joining me and would like to see what we worked on in Weeks 1-12,
click the Houseworks Holiday Plan link in the Categories box on the right side of the page.
Here’s some inspiration to get you started!
House to Home
Melissa at 320 Sycamore shares her entryway transformation here
So, are you ready to get started on your entryway, front porch or front door?
This Week’s Houseworks Checklist
- Prepare a welcoming entry space. Front porch or foyer, apartment door or entryway, this week’s focus is on the entry area of the home.Remove clutter, clean and organize the portal to your household this week. Check the front door, cleaning and polishing knob, knocker and any windows. Check the state of the welcome mat; is it time for cleaning or replacement? Check outdoor lights and replace any burned-out bulbs.Declutter doorway storage areas so outdoor shoes, umbrellas or keys find an efficient, attractive home.
Clean out coat closets and add extra hangers for holiday guests’ use. Be ready to open the door to a wonderful holiday season!
This Week’s Holiday Prep Checklist
- Set the table ahead. Set the Thanksgiving table a day or two before. You’ll have time to spot (and fix) tarnished silver or stains on the tablecloth. Use sticky notes to mark serving dishes so it’s easy for guests to help.
- Celebrate American Thanksgiving. (Canadian and UK friends? Enjoy the day off!
- Shop Black Friday sales! Use your game plan to get the best deals quickly.
- Inspect and inventory decorations. As seasonal decorations come out of storage, make a quick review of what you have. Test light strands, and add any needed parts or replacements to the shopping list.
- Begin decorating.
- Send party invitations. Having a holiday party? Send invitations early. Social calendars fill up quickly in December.
- Wrap gifts as they are purchased. Every little bit helps, so wrap ahead where possible.
- Status check. On the first of December, review where you are with holiday prep. Crafts projects and homemade gifts should be finished soon; check for any missing catalog orders.
- Arrange for baby-sitters. Be quick to call for help as holiday invitations arrive; baby-sitters are busy in December, too.
- Package send-away gifts for mailing. Be ready to mail send-away gifts by next week.
This Week’s Christmas Planner Pages to Print: